This two days tour enable you to see places and spent enough time for exploring areas, where the Incas culture is written the most. You will visit mountains within the Sacred Valley of the Incas and have also the opportunity to enjoy picturesque villages dedicated to the work of crafts, ceramics and agriculture.
Includes several most likebable attractions such as: Chinchero (typical market, colonial temple and archaeological site), Moray agricultural terraces (it was one of the most important agricultural experimental centers of the Inca empire), Salineras de Maras (Salt mines that are currently exploited by the people of Maras), Ollantaytambo (fortress and Temple Inka, also known as the living Inca city) and finally the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, one of the 7 wonders of the world and the most visiting place in South America.
This Machu Picchu 2-day excursion is one of the best options we could recommend to taste Incas history, traditions and also feast your yours yeay on surreanding nature.
PLACES YOU WILL VISIT
Chinchero, Colonial Temple, Moray, Salineras de Maras, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes Town, Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu
- 7:30 a.m pick up from hotel in Cusco and start the tour.
- Maras Moray and Sacred Valley Tour (includes visiting Chinchero market and colonial temple, Moray, Maras salt mines and Ollantaytambo. (Approximate timeline 07:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.).
- Travel by train Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (02 hours of travel).
- Pick up and transfer from train station to hotel.
- Night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu).
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- AM ascent by bus to Machu Picchu 30 minutes.
- Guided visit tour to Machu Picchu and the most important places (03 hours).
- Free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own (optional walk to Sun Gate or the Inka bridge).
- Optional: hike to Huayna Picchu (3 hours, without guide, $ 35 USD per person).
- Descent by bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes Towm.
- In the afternoon, return by train from “Aguas Calientes” to Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Transfer to your hotel in Cusco, arriving at approximately 8:00 PM
YOUR ENJOYABLE DAYS STEP BY STEP
Day 01. CUSCO – MARAS MORAY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
The Machu Picchu 2 day tour starts at 7.30 a.m. with the picking you up from your hotel in Cusco. And let´s set out to mystical mountains playground Sacred Valley of Incas, connected connected with lovely small towns. During the day you will reach most attractive spots as typical market of Chinchero, colonial temple, Moray – experimental agricultural centre) or unique Salt Mines ofr Maras.
Afterwards we will move to Urubamba, other town with cute small historical principal square and take a rest during delicisious lunch together (optional 20 $ per person).
With your satishied stomach (hopefully ) will continue to see spectatular fortress of Ollantaytambo. You can feel the authenticity of this place, strengthen by descendants of the Incas, who live in the traditional houses of old culture.
By train at 3.37 p.m. we will travel to other spot, hot springs town named Aqua Calientes (appr. time of arrival at 5 p.m). Here you can fully enjoyed luxury spa hotel Machu Picchu in the middle of exotic nature, where we spent the night.
Nigh in Aguas Calientes. Machu Picchu
DAY 2. TOUR TO MACCHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We want you to enjoy magnificent Machu Pichu the most, so be ready for early alarm. After breakfast we will take bus up to Citadel of Machu Picchu. During 2 hours guided tour you will see the most important places of Machu Picchu. After the tour you can take free time to explore ruins by yourself. Walk to the picturable Inca Bridge or up to Sun Gate, view point where the whole Incas city hidden in mountains is seen almost from bird perspective (optional hike to the Huayna Picchu mountain has an extra cost of $35 USD per person).
At the appropriate time we will descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, where you can relish local gastronomy in various restaurant. In the afternoon we will take the train back to Cusco and approx. at 8.00 p.m. we will say last “ČAU” ´with hope, you had a good time with us.
End of our services.
- Pick up from the hotel in Cusco.
- Tour Sacred Valley Maras, Moray, Chinchero (transport, guide and tickets).
- Train tickets Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- One night in hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide in Machu Picchu.
- Return transportation Ollanta – Cusco.
- Lunch and dinner meals.
- Meals which are not mentioned in itinerary
- Optional lunch in Sacred Valley $ 20.00 USD (request of the client)
- Optional lunch in Machu Picchu town $ 27.00 USD (request of the client).
- Entrance to the thermal baths (S/ 10 soles optional).
- Entrance to Huaynapicchu ($ 35 USD optional).
What to Bring
- Bring original passport «With expiration date not less than 7 months».
- Wear sneakers, light shoes or tennis shoes
- Bring bottle of water
- During excursion drink a lot of liquid
- Take rain coat (large poncho)
- Long sleeve shirt
- Long pants
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection – cream, hat
- Binoculars (optional).
- Sun glasses, plastic bags
- Medicine and/or items for personal use (liquid for contact lenses).
- Camera or pone camera
- Cash – coins and checks (soles, dollars)
- Swimming suits for hot springs (optional)
- Face mask and face shield.
- Carry plastic bottles and bags.
SACRED VALLEY TOUR, PACKAGING LIST
- Valid student card (if you book tour as student)
- Immigration card (received in the plane when during entering Peru)
- Good backpack (smaller is better)
- Water storage or canteen: water reservoir like Camelbaks is recommended, but it is enough at least 1-2 litres
- Comfortable shoes (lightweight with good soles), «goretex waterproof for rainy seasons».
Train policy allow to take max kilogram 7 to 8, so we recommend to carry mostly important YOUR things. See recommended checklist:
- 2-3 wicking t-shirt
- 2 pants
- 3 sets of underwear.
- 3 sets of socks
- 1 fleece
- 1 Raincoat and trousers (mostly for rainy seasons)
- 1 sun hat
- Sandals (In case you want to visit the hot springs in the town of Machu Picchu)
- Quick Dry Small Towel
- Battery charger for your phone and cameras.
- Face moisturizer
- Insect repellent
- Hand disinfection
- Wet wipes
- Toothbrush and paste
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- First aid kit: band-aids, moleskin, etc.
- Toilet paper and a small plastic bag for waste.
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks and tips
What to pack up to backpack during visiting Machu Pichu:
The backpacks can be of any size, but we always recommend smaller ones, since inside Machu Picchu, there are not allowed bags of more than 25 liters. If it is larger, you will need to store them outside the citadel gates.
- Bottle of water
- Sun hat
- Rain clothes
- Camera or phone camera
- Hand disinfection
Hotel reservations are determined by space availability.
Cost of the tour packages is based on a double room. For a single room you we will ask you to make an extra payment.
You can also organize a travel itinerary according to your requirements and places you wish to visit. These can be with 3 * 4 * and 5 * category hotels.
Prices do not include VAT for Peruvian tourists.